Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A Giant Thank You To An Amazing Woman and Friend


I wrote this post over and over in my head for the past few days and I still can't get the words right because it means so much to me. So, I'll just say it straight from the heart.
Donna, thank you. Thank you so much for your gift, for your prayers, and for being in touch when so many were not. Thank you for your wonderful books that helped me to laugh and think of something else for a few precious moments when I desperately needed a break for sanity's sake. Thank you for being a friend. :)
Let me introduce you all to this amazing woman. Donna Alward, born Donna Jones, is a romance writer for Harlequin books. You can visit her at http://www.donnaalward.com and meet her on her blog at http://www.donnaalward.blogspot.com . I grew up with Donna and I can say I've always admired her. (Yes, Donna, it is true!) She was the girl in grade 9 that had the guts to go blond, able to play music and to declare she would one day be a romance writer. I remember her as one of the smart kids with a keen sense of humor, sharp wit, kind heart and being passionate about everything she did. A kind of kid a parent would be proud to have! LOL
Donna writes with all of these qualities and more. Her books can and will make you laugh, cry and fall in love all over again. So for all you moms and dads (yes, dads too!) that need a break, I'd definitely say look for Donna's books. Lord knows how nutty the NICU, Peds ward, and doctor offices can make us. You can find a list of her work with excerpts here. My favorite? Hmmm. They are all fantastic, but Hired By The Cowboy has a soft spot in my heart. :)
Thank you so much Donna!

1 comment:

Donna Alward said...

Ok so the blonde thing? Totally an accident (and possibly an unfortunate one). As far as the rest...well I still kind of think of myself as the slightly dorky one. But thank you, because that made me feel REALLY good this morning.

You have had a hellish year. It is good to see you come out the other side with a smile.

And the only reason you like Hired By The Cowboy is because of Connor's last name. :-) LOL.